MDC3: Golden Reserve
For Further Information and Images, please see the Photo Gallery by clicking “HERE”
Variations: Golden reserve is a blend of 5 premium rums. The following information was provided in a booklet which came with bottles sold at the distillery.
1) White Rum 6.5 year old Vat 239: Selected for its purity and smoothness this six-and-a-half year old is more mature then its age reveals. Vat 239 is known around the BDC for producing rum which is exceptionally pure and it was earmarked by the Master Distillers’ Collective as an outstanding liquid during the production of MDC2: Port Barrel.
2) Dark Rum 6.5 year old Vat 58: Born in the legendary vat 58 this rum is partly responsible for giving Golden Reserve its original Bundaberg Rum flavour. Its rich and full-bodied taste provides the perfect base characteristics for this impressive blend and means Bundaberg Rum fans are sure to instantly recognise this new rum’s signature flavour notes.
3) White Rum 6 year old Sherry Barrel: The youngest of the blends this liquid delivers a fruity sweetness that takes you by surprise. It still has a strong character though, as time spent in fine aged sherry barrels, some up to 30 years old, has imparted a subtle hint of oakey richness and woody notes on the finish of this outstanding white rum. The sherry barrels are rare vintage American Oak barrels from the Barossa Valley.
4) White Rum 6.5 year old Port Barrel: Not to be outdone by the other white rums in the mix, this fantastic liquid has been aged in the finest Australian port barrels, giving it a subtle sweetness with hints of raisin and oak flavours. This liquid provides the perfect balance between original, time honoured Bundaberg Rum flavours and modern small barrel finishing flair.
5) Dark Rum 11 year old Port Barrel: Rounding out the Golden Reserve blends, this rum features all the refinement and class that comes with its vintage age. The 11 year old dark rum is one of the most mature and celebrated liquids developed under the watchful eyes of the Master Distillers’ Collective and features liquid originally taken from the legendary Vat 9. This 11 year old originally came from Vat 228, and before that, the famous Vat 9.
The labels have 7 different prefixes codes – NO. BU, ND, AB, ER, GR and UM. NO. Code was the Bondstore only release of numbers 4 to 999 $AUD110.00 RRP and came with a Limited Edition Master Distillers’ Collection Gift Box. NO coded bottles over 1000 were sold without the gift box. BU, ND, AB, ER, GR and UM codes available from bottle shops nationally. $AUD90.00 RRP.
Date of Release: 11 March 2012
Alc/Volume: 40% Bottle sizes: 700ml
Details: This ingenious product is the synergy between five premium rums. The Master Distillers’ Collective have handpicked their finest rums, up to 11 years old, based on their unique flavour profiles and blended them together using a technique requiring a true mastery of their craft. The result of this dedication and craftsmanship is a golden coloured rum with a harmoniously layered character that bears the hallmark Bundaberg Rum taste, complimented with subtle fruit notes and a rich oak character.
Approximately 48,000 bottles were released. Approximately 12,000 had the NO code, with the other six codes having 6,000 approximately each.
|Bottle and Label Archive|
|Current Standard Lines|
|Deleted Standard Lines|
|Special Limited Releases|
|Master Distillers Collection|
|Bundaberg Rum Showcase Top 20|
|Bundaberg Rum Showcase Collectomania Bottles|
|Distillers Number 3|
|Millaquin Tasting Notes|
|Millaquin Distilling Process|
|Other White Rums|
|8 Year Old|
|18 Year Old|
|Bundaberg Racing 2011|
|Bundaberg Rum Spiced Rum|
|Darren Lockyer No.6|
|Road To Recovery|
|BDC 125 Anniversary|
|2013 Distiller's No 3|
|Darren Lockyer Select Vat|
|MDC Small Batch|
|10 Year Old|
|Master Distiller's Collection Dark Oak|
|Master Distiller's Collection Double Barrel|
|Master Distiller's Collection Two Eighty (280)|
|Master Distiller's Collection Blenders Edition|
|Master Distiller's Collection Black Barrel|
|Treasure Island Rum|
|Cutty Sark Rum|
|Items of Interest|
|Birth of an Aussie Icon 1|
|Distillery Virtual Tour|
|Brett McMahon Speech|
|Visitor Centre Opening Speech|
|Spring Hill House|
|Bundaberg Black Tasting Notes|
|George Hurt - The First Chemist|
|Bundaberg Rum Distribution|
|Millaquin Distilling Process|
|Royal Liqueur Pistols|
|Manufacture of Bundaberg Rum|
|Spring Hill House Article|
|Event Line Rules|
|Bundaberg Rum Cocktails|
|Bundaberg Rum Recipes|
|Home Bar Tips|
|Top Rum Taster|